Finding Your Fortress of Solitude for Service Dog Trainers (Winter 2020)
Time & Location
About The Event
You spend hours training a dog to do a life and death job for someome else. Often times you cross into treacherous ground, having to navigate the dynamics of the client and caregivers while maintaining a professional facade. Finding the time and tools to give the dogs and clients your best self is crucial.
In these four sessions, we work together to identify what your Fortress of Solitude (FoS) is, what components are necessary and how can you incorporate more of those nuggets into your everyday life. We will create the space needed for you to take the time to visit your FoS and tackle other potential booby traps such as self doubt and taking on other's responsibliities. Through a facilitated discussion in a small group of four to six trainers, we create a reinforcing and safe place while discovering what you need to keep your superhero mask and cape firmly in place.
You will gain:
- An understanding of what your Fortress of Solitude is and what are the core ingredients you need
- How to incorporate those core ingredients in your everyday life
- How to identify when you need to take some time before things are in a critical state
- Knowing you are safe, okay and enough
Time: 10AM CST - 11AM CST
Dates: January 7 - 28th
Location: Virtual through Zoom (you can stay in your lair and attend!)
Whatever you are doing today, do it with the confidence of a 4 year old in a Batman T-shirt.
- Service Dog Trainer Superhero$50$500$0