Detection K9 Trainer Fundamentals & Training
Time & Location
About The Event
This 1-week class (40 hours) will give you the fundamentals you need to be able to more effectilvey and efficiently train dogs for detection work. Whether it is narcotics, explosives, search and rescue, arson, or competitive nose work. The class will cover the following:
- Fundmentals of K9 learning theory, operant conditioning and learning processes
- Building the detection dog from beginning to certification/competition
- How odor works (scent theory)
- Developing training progressions to help you or your students succeed
- How to write training logs
- Basics of line handling
- Proper care /placement/ storage of scent training odors
- Basics of interior, vehicle and odor recognition exercises
- K9 body awareness and confidence
- Business development and strategy
This course can be taken with or without a K9. Some hands on training will be completed with your K9 partner if you bring one. The focus is giving you the information and tools you need to continue to expand your skills when you leave.
Registration is limited to 6 attendees.
Instructor: Robin Greubel MBA, ACC, Master K9 Trainer
Cost: $1,500 includes tuition, room, lunches and three group dinners (we will grill!) Your accomodations will be a fully furnished house on the property. You may be sharing a room with another attendee.
If bringing a dog, they must have current core shot records in line with AHAA
A followup email will include:
1) Specifics about logistics (airport, hotels, camping) if you don't want to stay on site.
2) Required waivers and attendee policies. This must be completed prior to your particpation in the training.
- Detection K9 Trainer Fundament$1,500$1,5000$0