CTO/TFR to Searching: Incorporating the 4 'D's > Virtual Feb 2021
Time & Location
About The Event
Description / This training is suitable for all levels of K9s doing detection work and other related venues (nosework, SAR, HRD, narcotics, explosives, accelerants, etc.) to locate target odor. Focus is on providing trainers/handlers with the knowledge and structure for incrementally increasing the complexity of the search sequence while retaining the dogs committment to odor or trained final response.
Focus is on training the trainer, meeting the team at its level and providing a challenging and safe learning environment.
- Measuring proficiency and fluency of behavior
- Techniques for increasing K9 confidence to solve odor/scent problems
- Development of a plan to reinforce desired behavior chains (and how to break undesired behavior chains)
- Development of progression plans to teach and train the desired behavior
- Breaking down training exercise construction to achieve desired training goals
Students will leave with concrete training plans. As a group we will decide on the dates/times of the weekly coaching calls.
Students are STRONGLY encouraged to take the CTO/TFR course first.
Class size is limited. This course meets for 4 weeks with 1.5 hour sessions each. Students will be provided with weekly study guides highlighting key concepts and be in a private Facebook group to facilitate continued conversations throughout the week.
Instructors / Robin Greubel
Type Of Class / Online through Zoom.
Cost / $150
Limit of 6 students
- Sold OutCTO/TFR to Search > Feb 2021$150$1500$0