Mon, Mar 01|
Online through Zoom
Commitment to Odor/Trained Final Response > Virtual March 2021 2nd Offering
No matter the odor, there are fundamental components of recognizing, teaching and troubleshooting a fast change of behavior or trained final response. Join in four virtual coaching sessions to hone how you think and conduct your training!
Time & Location
Mar 01, 2021, 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Online through Zoom
About The Event
Description / This training is suitable for all levels of K9s doing detection work and other related venues (nosework, SAR, HRD, narcotics, explosives, accelerants, etc.) to locate target odor. Focus is on providing trainers/handlers with the knowledge on what to look for, plan or troubleshoot around their dogs commitment to odor and/or trained final response.
Focus is on training the trainer, meeting the team at its level and providing a challenging and safe learning environment.
- Breakdown of the components of teaching the commitment to odor/trained final response and how to measure proficiency
- Techniques for increasing K9 confidence to solve odor/scent problems
- Discussion of learning processes
- Development of a plan to reinforce desired behavior chains (and how to break undesired behavior chains)
- Discrimination and Stimulus control – ignoring distractions
- Proper generalization and troubleshooting
- Breaking down training exercise construction to achieve desired training goals
Students will leave with concrete training plans. As a group we will decide on the dates/times of the weekly coaching calls.
Class size is limited. This is a four week coaching webinar. Students will be provided with weekly study guides highlighting key concepts and be in a private Facebook group to facilitate continued conversations throughout the week.
Instructors / Robin Greubel
Type Of Class / Online through Zoom. Weekly group meetings in October.
Cost / $100
Limit of 6 students
- Ticket type
CTO/TFR > March 2021 2ndPrice$100.00Sold Out
This event is sold out