Commitment to Odor/Trained Final Response > Online October 2020
Time & Location
About The Event
Description / This workshop is suitable for all levels of K9s doing detection work and other related venues (nosework, SAR, HRD, narcotics, explosives, accelerants, etc.) to locate target odor. Focus is on providing trainers/handlers with the knowledge on what to look for, plan or troubleshoot around their dogs commitment to odor and/or trained final response.
Ideal for those who either are beginning to teach or are having problems recognizing change of behavior, commitment to odor or thier trained final response. No matter the odor, there are fundamental components for teaching and troubleshooting commitment to odor. Focus is on training the trainer, meeting the team at its level and providing a challenging and safe learning environment.
- Breakdown of the components of teaching the commitment to odor/trained final response and how to measure proficiency
- Techniques for increasing K9 confidence to solve odor/scent problems
- Discussion of learning processes
- Development of a plan to reinforce desired behavior chains (and how to break undesired behavior chains)
- Discrimination and Stimulus control – ignoring distractions
- Proper generalization and troubleshooting
- Breaking down training exercise construction to achieve desired training goals
Students will leave with concrete training plans. As a group we will decide on the dates/times of the weekly coaching calls.
Class size is limited. This is a four week webinar. Students will be provided with weekly study guides highlighting key concepts and be in a private Facebook group to facilitate continued conversations throughout the week.
Instructors / Robin Greubel
Type Of Class / Online through Zoom. Weekly group meetings in October.
Cost / $100
Limit of 6 students
- Sold OutCommitment to Odor > July 2020$100$1000$0